Translate

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Mother's Day Hit In Eye

We played softball many years even extra co-ed covers lots of years

 I have no idea why this story, but Bob was the woman's softball team coach for us.  We started I think with other coaches didn't care for them...anyway can't remember if maybe Becky my neighbor asked him or how came to be, but he agreed to coach the team.

Bob was a great coach, and great at practice things too...testing just everyone.  Over the years he had me playing every position...well shouldn't say that every infield position...usually depending on team we played as that man would even go watch the other teams to find their habits, we lived walking distance to park so would just walk up and watch.  Everyone loved him and his ability and interest in a winning team.

Most of us had little children would always take them...of course as my Daddy I whistled for my children when time to come to us.  Was a whole team thing  hahaha.  If he needed something he relied a lot on me.  Well our weakness showed up in not having good pitchers...so that man took me in the back yard worked with me till I became the pitcher.  Unshakable chatter didn't distract me..pissed me off made me do even better I would say.

Well on Mother's Day at home we went out our front yard played catch...I just asked him about the story to get facts right.  We had an olive tree in front yard.  Also not sure why but he said it wasn't a softball it was a baseball we were playing catch with.  Well he threw a wild throw and it hit branch of olive tree and hit me right in the left eye.  The boys not sure they will remember or not...they were upset.

I got a huge black eye and talking to Bob just now about it he felt bad...but said it was so hard I had the stitch marks embedded into my eye..imprinted there.  Well the thing like swelled almost closed.

Will be interesting see if boys remember that one  haha  We did win a lot of trophies with him coach.

Copyright © 2021 I’m Global Now. All rights reserved

No comments:

Search This Blog

AZ plus KY

We would go sometimes drive to think called Bullhead city gamble.. close was and you drive thru an area heading that way full full fu...