Translate

Thursday, April 15, 2021

First Surgery Josh

 1976

When Joshua, was about 6 months old, I had taken him to the doctor, they were Jewish, Kerr, Brown, and Schwartz.  Well maybe not all not sure about Kerr.  It was Kerr I had seen that morning, as I recall, anyway they said it was gastroenteritis.  Well he wasn't on that long at all, and what had happened next is his stool had blood in it.  I freaked out...call the Doctors, on call, happened to be Schwartz, met him at the hospital.  Betty at that time was in Albuquerque.

Well from the hospital running him there, I called mom and dad for prayer and told them what had happened.  I forget how long it took, am sure as this is how our family operates, my mom was calling brothers, sisters to pray getting word out..I just believe they did that.  The first thing Doctor tried as what had happened is, that his intestines were being pushed through bowels, as stool, is how explained to me.  Happens to people they will loose intestine usually from bacteria.  They tried pushing it back using an enema type procedure.  That did not work and they couldn't put to much pressure.  So came out told us they would have to do surgery.

While waiting for all that going on, we called Betty, in Albuquerque to let her know what was going on and gave her all the information we were told.  She like pretty fast, got in her car and drove to AZ to get there.  That of course making it a bit more concerning to me.

Well they were able to repair it pulling it back I guess have no clue what they do, but he lost no intestine was fine I guess, they didn't have to cut any out.

Well of course I don't like hospitals, and then a baby with tubes everywhere you don't want them to have to keep poking needles in the child.  Well Betty got there and that didn't stop her by golly, they had his arm tapped to a board so wouldn't move pulling out the needles for I guess antibiotics given.  Well Betty would hold him...and the needles did come out and sheesh, had them in head then just a nightmare.

Was glad to get him home from that one.  I can't remember how long he was in the hospital.  Anyway Schwartz, assured me that Kerr made the right call.  I found that interesting.  So he has a scar there on tummy...I can't remember what side.

Over all a praise report as the child lost no intestine, so did call mom and dad and let them know...and thanked them for their prayers.  Again, now we did rush him to hospital as directed...but first on list call prayer.

Copyright © 2021 I’m Global Now. All rights reserved

No comments:

Search This Blog

AZ plus KY

We would go sometimes drive to think called Bullhead city gamble.. close was and you drive thru an area heading that way full full fu...