Translate

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Santa Clause At The Jacobs

Santa Clause At The Jacobs

Well it was with the internet I was actually able to research this, and the concept and what had really happened a good story.  Like everything else just got perverted by man.  In a way, the truth of it reminds me of the movie "Pay It Forward"  I think is the name.  Another great concept.

Oh wow stopped video to insert link and here at .41 and the look pic of that dude weird...


 

Anyway upon moving to AZ, of course talked to Bob's mom a lot.  I would ask questions wanting to know how her children were raised.  When I heard how she did Christmas regarding Santa Clause, I thought it was a great concept, especially for us just starting out.  She would only permit the children to ask for one toy from Santa, no list just one toy.  Well they always got that toy...now for her that toy was the only one under the tree from Santa and never ever gift wrapped.  It was out front for all to see.  They knew that all other packages were from people a spirit of giving day...or just extra things from parents.

So we started doing this.  Now Josh, he hated Santa, would cry being put on that dudes lap.  Took a few years to get over that one.  I think what I might have done the next year to help him was ask if both boys could go at the same time...so Josh wasn't alone he had his big brother.

Anyway it was a way to find out what they really wanted and forced them to think about it.  Cause they just might get only 1 thing....so make it your most important thing.

Well of course memory of J first, as I think this was what he wanted the year Josh was born, so 1975.  J wanted an Evil Knievel? have to look that up... anyway a motorcycle launch...crank it up let it take off.  It was red the crank part.  So what did the child do?  Ran straight for that toy and never wanted to open anything else...  all those gifts wrapped just sat and sat and sat.  Well I let it go, to see what would happen.  After a couple hours that child needed to get dressed and take it out front to show it off to the neighborhood and launch that cycle down the sidewalk.


 

Well I finally made him come in and open the gifts.  Anyway with this concept, my children knew there was no Santa at a very young age.  So mom changed it up some sometimes.  Would have scavenger hunts...and sometimes include scriptures in them.  So it then became a different game.  I used to make them stand and read their clue out loud before proceeding.

Well then Bob's sister wanted Ian to be part of that, so there was times he was included...meaning it came later.

Always allowed them to get their stockings, them boys would wake up early...and of course at that time they have tv games and usually put a new one in stocking to busy themselves and not wake us up.

So we did different things as ages progressed.

Holiday's were a hard time for me, most people take turns seeing different sides of the family, I always wanted to go home at least once...never happened.  So my children never saw how my family gathered.

Copyright © 2021 I’m Global Now. All rights reserved

No comments:

Search This Blog

AZ plus KY

We would go sometimes drive to think called Bullhead city gamble.. close was and you drive thru an area heading that way full full fu...