Translate

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Jacobs Baptism and Blessing

 August 15, 1988


My Dad and Mom came out to Arizona to see us but ultimately to baptize well he knew for sure I would, so I think his main concern was me.  Dad and Mom were not around our children enough to know what they would do.  He knew I didn't go to church, nor take my family to church.  He did however know I would allow him to baptize me just because I was a Daddy's girl, and did follow directions within our chats and what he sent me.  So for sure Daddy was after me...see how the rest went.  Why?  Because Daddy knew that his other children had been baptized...only ones not were to him Cheri and I.  Well he knew how Cheri felt about that, so only way it would happen with her, is if mom somehow talked her into it.  Now me Daddy knew me...so he wanted to make sure I was baptized.

Well I received as well as the family also a video, so yes Daddy was concerned about the Lord coming and me not being baptized.  Then got to his mission, he wanted to baptize me.  Well explaining to us that the baptism we had as babies is not baptism, it is dedication to the Lord and providing people of same beliefs willing to see that if anything happened to them, they would make sure the children would have knowledge of the Lord..(godparents) .  Then he explained about real baptism, John the Baptist never baptized children that I see or babies and about repentance..does God know the heart? true repentance?  for all to hear wanted to make sure we repented and wanted to baptize me.  Well anyone can be baptized but what the heck good does it if not from the heart repentance?  Only God sees the heart.  Well I agreed for Dad and Mom to baptize me.  The boys of course decided right away they wanted to be baptized also.  Bob waited a bit was last..he did decide to be baptized what condition heart?  What age still considered child?  Can God honor some baptism? not others?  We really are not told all the answers to these questions..what is answered is this..when the Spirit of the Lord is put on you.  Well to me I had gone forward as a child with a child's heart. Did I repent, you betcha, from the heart..Father opened my ears.  Opened J the same way older he was yet also when young.  some say double anointing tern?  Well He certainly gave them gifts for sure.   All were baptized outside, in the Jacobs pool.

After we were baptized then given direction as to a walk with the Lord I was.  Daddy gave me as I asked for it the little bible he had...a Jimmy Swaggert Counselors addition of the New Testament.   So Daddy said he would and wanted to write in it for me.  I wrote about that at this link and have a picture of the bible and words written.  He also gave me a scripture for baptism in that link talk about that.

I also remember Daddy saying something about Blessing my sons.  Inside the house of Jacobs he did this.  I was not there heard from other room as he had given me my Bible...so was reading what he wrote and stuff.  Now that is my memory.  The boys would be the ones to know if this actually happened.  I did ask Matthew to pray with me the other day and ask Father with me that He open their memory to remember this.  So this has been done.

I do know Daddy baptized my sister Cheri's children without her knowing, he did that at one of her visits with the children when just Daddy and the children were in Cline Lake where they lived.

I also know from my sister Connie, that Daddy did baptize Mitchel, I don't know however if he did any other grandchildren.

I hope to find out this information with my trip to Florida.

What I find interesting about the boys baptism, is the age of my son Joshua, as he was 13 yrs going by Jewish counting of age I believe, which was the age of Ishmael when he was circumcised.

I was instructed by Daddy to "read the Gospels and start with the book of John"  So that is what I have basically done.  Daddy never told me to go read any other book in the bible never mentioned another one.  So that is where I pretty much stayed...doing as instructed.  Of course only bible he gave me then was New Testament, so even the Bible given me was New Testament.

Was Daddy led of the Lord to do this with me?  Well I believe so, but then Daddy didn't know I had given my son's to the Lord as I didn't know how to raise them.  I never mentioned that to Daddy.  So Daddy never knew I had done that, neither my mom.  I guess maybe because my mom felt I was so bad, maybe, asked the Lord to help me as she basically put a curse? on me, heard them talk that before, by saying "I hope you have to raised a child just like yourself"  like wow she thought I was horrible, she used to try to get me in trouble with Daddy.

So this is how our family did get baptized.  Does baptism save anyone?  Not water baptism to me, are you forgiven if repent when baptized yes I believe you are, but then what the heck do people go do, sin some more..  haha  Yeshua never said baptism saved them that I found, but hey raise your hand if you think different.  He did request all be baptized in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit though.  But who is the father of jesus (zeus?)  you think he have a son?  and spirit? 

Plus I have learned a lot since then as to when you actually receive and who's house you are in when you receive.  Daddy was going more by what taught by man...but knew Yeshua's words.

My prayer to Father is that he have the boys remember...because I have no clue what that one prophet said over me!  haha  just ask if good to Daddy he said yes so forgot it.

Copyright © 2021 I’m Global Now. All rights reserved


No comments:

Search This Blog

AZ plus KY

We would go sometimes drive to think called Bullhead city gamble.. close was and you drive thru an area heading that way full full fu...