Translate

Monday, March 22, 2021

Learning To Stand and Heart

 1978 about

On the Jacobs house side of the family, there was no order whatsoever compared to how I was raised, so this site will reflect that as it will be memories as they pop into my head and as far as any order I had thought well I would try to put the year closest to memory these things were even done, should my sons ever want to see more an order of things. You know a way to sort should they want date order of things haha.

I couldn't stand cry babies and tattle tail children...I wasn't raised that way. If you wanted something to cry about in our house as a child my Daddy would for sure give you something haha that of course meant a spanking with the belt as Daddy said never hit a child with your hands, the hands were for Love. I chose to try a different way first. I remember Jeremy, of course being an only child then, trying to make that child stand up for himself rather than come crying whining to me about things. So he was 2 ½ maybe, only child he could play outside with was a next door neighbor where I could keep eye on him, would make them stay on sidewalk between the houses. This child older and a Morman never forget that....you know ones that are supposed to be so great at raising families.

Their child would take J's toys away from him and take them back over to where J's was not permitted to go...so he would come to me. Well pushed him to stand up for himself, to fight back, or not play with the child were his options. He wanted to play with someone of course, so stood up for himself and went after that boy, hitting and getting his stuff back taken from him. That child went home crying about it and boy I was ready if she the mother even came to me about it. How did I know? I watched!! That child never took another toy from my son again, he was afraid of him. That was how I pushed J.

Once we had Josh, of course 3 ½ years almost 4 between them, but Josh was tall, a battle in itself playing with other children as their parents expected more out of that child than age really...so I would have to stand against that with neighbors. Now to get Josh to stand for himself not be crying to me all the time about his brother, I purchased those blow up punching gloves...got a red set and blue set. Let the boys punch each other haha Of course I kept an eye on it...but it taught 2 things really, not only for Josh to stand, but J to have a heart for his little brother...not really wanting to hurt him as he was so much younger. Well it worked haha thank the Lord for that.

I would take the children over to my friends house Becky and her children before this of course, and her and I both used to tell those children when they complained...first question we would ask “is there blood?” Then we don't want to hear about it we would tell them. So she was same as I in these things too. Those children would go right back and get along haha

Copyright © 2021 I’m Global Now. All rights reserved

No comments:

Search This Blog

AZ plus KY

We would go sometimes drive to think called Bullhead city gamble.. close was and you drive thru an area heading that way full full fu...