Translate

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

AZ Horses

1974 -1976

 I seem to be talking a lot about horses on the family things today  haha.  Well Bob knew my heart for horses too for goodness sakes, even always watching programs about them.  He told me they were not a good thing to much maintenance and I needed to get a motor cycle  lol

Well before we married I was staying with him and his room mate Skip Metcalf I believe, anyway Skip I called him Skipper  haha  he liked horse back riding so we would sometimes go together.  So Bob knew my love for them.

Well on Sesame St...lots of us were young mothers with children and we all got to know each other.  Even have the home parties like tupperware things like that so even gathered for those type things.  Susie Morris was one of my friends too, her sons close in age.  She and her husband it was interesting to me, each were only children.  Anyway they had land out in Chandler Heights area I believe it was, where they had horses, both used to have them I think.  The land eventually they wanted to build a house on.  Susie knew my heart for horses too, she used to ask me to go riding with her, so would get to go that way, she taught me a lot.  I always rode Dot, who was an appaloosa that never spotted out.  So red with black mane and tail.  Her horse was white can't think of the breed.  We would have adventures...she would even take me to a barrel racing area and we messed with that.  Taught me how to clean hoofs just everything she knew.

Well she offered me that horse for use at any time I wanted on my own even if all I would do is pay the feed.. 15.00 a month.  Bob refused me to do even this.  She wasn't asking me to pay anything else, no medical, shoeing, whatever just the feed.  So I was not able to do that.

So I thought good thing the Lord has horses  lol  cause I will have one there  lol  and be young enough to ride.

Copyright © 2021 I’m Global Now. All rights reserved

No comments:

Search This Blog

AZ plus KY

We would go sometimes drive to think called Bullhead city gamble.. close was and you drive thru an area heading that way full full fu...